Sunday, January 2, 2011

Footnote to Letting Go

Sometimes you need time to process what is going on; what you are thinking.  With another day behind me and another point of view to consider I can say today, "I can let go".  Not only can I let go but I can be grateful to have had the experience that the letter brought into my life.  I can be, will be, a better person because of it.  It is up to me and what I choose to do from this point on. 

Do I wish I had never received it?  Yes, for when I received it the end of a friendship started.

Do I regret getting it?  No.  For the growth that has come, and will come, because of it I will not regret it.  

It is like many trials in my life.  Do I want to go through them?  No.  Would I ever give up one of them? No.  In fact I am grateful for them, as painful as they are, because of the gift of growth they give to me.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So glad you were able to let it go Shauna! Great job decluttering these last few days.

Shauna said...

Thanks Melissa!!